The ddcBar March 2019 update is released. This version includes the following:
- Fixed issue where double-clicking a drawing file in Windows Explorer and launching Visio might cause a ddcBar database error. This occurs as the drawing was loaded before ddcbar had initialized the database system.
- Added VLX Configuration dialog support for the multiple versions of the AXM Excel workbook. Previous releases of ddcBar would recognize only 1 of the 3 versions currently published by Alerton.
- Fixed issue in DDC Explorer and DDC Simulator where only the 1st branch point was recognized in DDC Explorer and DDC Simulator.
This release will be the last version to support Windows XP and VIsio 2007.
This release of ddcBar includes updates to the database connectivity and session.log file.
- Database Connectivity: Added provider query, connection test and ability to create a custom connection string to the User Preferences dialog.
- Session.log: Added environment and configuration information to session log for debugging purposes.
- Shrink Device Inputs: Last year when adding support for the 8-input AND/OR/ADD devices the skipping of TRUE and FALSE values was removed. A number of users wanted this feature restored so it is now an option in the User-Preferences (see Options for all modes section).
On January 7th we were experiencing some technical difficulties with the delivery of tech support emails. If you had any tech support questions from that time period that have not been answered please resend them as they may have not been received on our end.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks.
A new version of ddcbar is available on the downloads page. This release includes the ability to select a database provider in the User Preferences dialog. Previous to this release ddcbar hard coded the provider to either JET 4.0 or ACE 12.0 which was causing issues on a few users installations which did not have 32bit versions of these provides installed. If you have experience errors when loading a database file or accessing the point editor try changing your database provider to the 32bit driver you have installed on your PC. This release also fixes 2 issue with the reading and writing of Excel workbook points which support arrays.
A maintenance release for ddcBar is available for download to customers who have a current support license. This update addresses the following issues:
- Changed ddcBar installer level to run without elevation.
- Added test for ability to create and modify files in the cache folder.
- Added delay between the copying and opening of files in cache folder.
- Added check to the ddcBar file copy routine to clear ReadOnly attribute.
- Fixed issue in Point Search & Replace where decrement of device-id and instance was actually incrementing. Fixed issue where the Description of an I/O-Tab would be changed under certain search configurations.
- Added a more detailed saving of settings between each use of the dialog.
- Fixed issue in the search for a device shape where an exception was raised when device shapes could not be located in any stencil.
- Added more detail to session.log file.
- Fixed issue where cache folder was not always cleared of files.
- Fixed issue in DDC Simulator where the SU point values were not correctly written back to the source point.
If you use DDCbar with Visio 2019 and have experienced issues with ddcBar anchor windows not displaying correctly try the following Visio configuration change. Run Visio and look at the bottom right of the main window for an monitor icon with the command Display Settings. Click on the text and choose Optimize for compatibility in the dialog box. This change should fix the anchor window issues.
A reminder for ddcBar users. Be aware that the installation of Visio Viewer alongside of the full Visio program can cause all sorts of issues for add-ins such as ddcBar. This is especially true when Visio and Visio Viewer are from different product versions. One way this happen is if you install the standalone version of Visio along with an Office suite which may install Visio Viewer by default. If you experience issues with your installation of Visio or with ddcBar check your installed program list for the existence of Visio Viewer and remove it if found.
Version 18.8.25 maintenance releases of ddcbar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page. For ddcBar there has been an update to the bactalk.activex interface to work better when multiple Alerton software packages exist. The DDC Simulator and the activation dialog have had enhancements to correct minor issues. For the ddcToolbox a new task has been added to Admod to allow the changing of the image filename extension. Enhancements include improved display rendering with GIF and PNG files, support for the Compass image+color background mode and the activation dialog changes. Issues fixed include the Admod tasks not always respecting the SameRepJob setting (Advanced-Match) and some background images skipped in Display-Explorer, QDH and dFrame.
The previous release of ddcBar contained an incomplete implementation of the AND-OR-ADD device shrink/grow command. Users reported that the command functionality did not mimic the older design and in certain circumstances the correct device shape selected by the user was not being used. Visio 2007 users reported that the command bar was not updated to support the new changes. These issues have been addressed in version 18.7.29 which is available for downloading.
DDCbar version 18.7.4 is available for downloading. This is the official release with support for Alerton’s VisualLogic 4. New features include:
- Added support for new ACM based Building Controller file type (bd9).
- Support for the new bd9 device functions in DDC Explorer, Compare and Simulator.
- Support for the .vssx and .vsst file formats.
- New built-in database files have been added for the ACM Building Controller.
- Added the ability to use the short shape names in DDC Explorer instead of the longer full names. This is an option that can be saved as the default.
- File Open and Save dialogs have been improved to use the OS correct style (the ddcbar File-Browser has been removed as it is no longer needed).
- Point Search-and-Replace allows editing of entered point data.
- Additional tweaks for high DPI displays have been added.
Note: Release 18.7.4 will be the last ddcbar version to support Visio 2007. Future ddcbar releases with new features will only support the ribbon based Visio versions such as 2010, 2013 and 2016.
A ddcBar beta release is available now for downloading. This release adds support for Alerton’s VisualLogic 4. This includes support for the new vislogic3 stencil, the new VisualLogic drawing and stencil versions, all the new device shapes for the new .bd9 ddc format. Both the Point-Editor and the DDC Simulator are updated to work with the new .bd9 files.
ddcBar’s support for Windows XP and Visio 2007 is coming to an end. Future versions of ddcBar will slowly remove support for these OS and Visio versions. An archive of older ddcbar vesions will be made available to those who will need to continue to use these legacy products.
Maintenance releases for ddcbar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page.
Removed false message about missing database location when loading older files.
Fixed issue in DDC Simulator where grid values were reset to zero on initialization (should be Live-Data points only).
Added support in DDC Simulator for VLCA when saving priority arrays back to database.
Fixed an issue where some rows in the data grids would be too small to read.
A new feature has been added to ddcBar that allows you to create and populate a page of subcaller shapes using data pasted from an Excel worksheet. Open the Subcaller-Editor on a blank page and paste your Excel data into the grid. When you click Save ddcbar will create the subcaller shapes and populate them with data. See the ddBar help file for more details.
There has also been 2 minor bug fixes. The first has to do with the Compare dialog halting at the end of the first DDC file in certain cases and not flagging the extra code in the second file. The second corrects an issue when ddcBar saves point data with the Visio file. In certain cases the AI, AO and AV data will not be displayed when the file is opened again.
ddcBar Version 18.1.15
ddcBar: A couple of issues were fixed in the Point-Export dialog where some options and the OK button were not enabled under certain circumstances.
Support Extension Updates
Updates to fix a few minor issue with the application of the support period extensions have been applied to both ddcbar and ddcToolset.
Technical support extensions are now supported by the licensing activation system allowing you to continue to use your existing activation codes for new releases and email support. This applies to multi-user accounts only (single-user accounts must purchase a new activation code). Version 17.12.14 for ddcBar and ddcToolset.
Contact sales@ddcToolbox.com for support extension details and pricing.
Version 17.12.5 of ddcBar and ddcToolset are available for download. These releases have new enhancements to the activation system to add support for service-and-support extensions without needing to purchase a new and different activation code. This should help those multi-user accounts who wish to continue with version upgrades and support. There is also a couple of enhancements and bug fixes to ddcBar as well as support for the “units” property in the import/export routines.
Version 17.9.25 maintenance releases of ddcBar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page. These updates address a few minor issues as well as add a couple of minor enhancements. See the associated documentation for each product for details.
Maintenance release 17.5.1 of ddcBar, ddcToolset and IBCU are available on the downloads page. These updates address a few minor issues as well as add a couple of minor enhancements. See the associated documentation for each product for details.
New updates are now available for download for both the ddcBar and ddcToolset. Support for the ACM based VLX controller and GC Builder is included in the ddcBar release as well as a few new error checks added to DDC Explorer . The ddcToolset has a couple of bug fixes and speed enhancements for network access.