A minor upgrade to ddcToolset has been posted on the downloads page. This release includes the following updates.
- dNumber.exe. Added ability to cut filenames to Excel for renumbering and then paste them
back to the dNumber grid.
- QDE.exe. Fixed issue on Static objects page where scrolling to certain rows would cause a
memory access exception.
- MDPC.exe. Reworked SQL access to databases. Fixed issue where MDPC was using mixed mode
login instead of SQL login. Removed support for user and password in the connection string
(MDPC will instead use the User-Name and Password fields from Configuration Page)
For ddcBar versions earlier then 20.4.22
The link below downloads an updated Excel Interface Definition file for use in reading and writing data to the Alerton workbook ACM_VLX-AXM-EXP_PointBuilder.xlsm. The file needs installed in the following folder overwriting any existing file.
-or for older versions-
For those users who are testing or working with the VIP-363-HOA drawings there is a beta version of ddcBar available on the downloads page. You must have the beta version of the VIP-363-HOA_Builder.XLSM workbook installed in your alerton\standard\documentation folder of Compass to use these new features. Details on the VIP-363 support can be found in the ddcBar VIP-363 Support.pdf which is located in the ddcBar docs folder.
ddcBar version 20.1.12 is available. This version has the support for the VIP-363-VAV controller. It also changes how ddcBar creates Excel workbook files by returning to using the files found in the Compass installation. This release also fixes an issue where the Ibex ddc propagate function did not fill in the description in connected I/O-Tabs.
A beta version of ddcBar that supports the new VIP-363-VAV controller is available on the downloads page. It also includes enhancements to the Point Editor, Point Database and the Point-Range-Specification dialog. The Rebuild Database utility can be used to match the ddcBar point database to any unique instance numbering for VLC-E, ACM and VIP controllers. This version marks a return to using the Compass installed ACM Builder workbooks as the master source when ddcBar creates new Excel files. If the Compass installation cannot be located or if the ACM Builder workbooks cannot be found then ddcBar falls back to using a local -possibly older- version of these files. The end user will need to make sure that these workbooks are kept up to date. A couple of minor bug fixes were also addressed.
A new release of the ddcToolset is available on the downloads page. This release combines maintenance updates as well as new features.
- An issue with how the Display Utilities handled a unique form of the button object has been resolved. Previously, if a user created a Button-SameDevice object on a template file and then copy-and-pasted that object on to a display file the Display Utilities would not recognize the object. This fix will increase the reliability of both dSearch.exe and DispX.exe reporting as well as similar issues in the other programs.
- The dSearch.exe user interface has been changed to make the program configuration more understandable. A few bug issues have been resolved (see previous bullet item). A new feature has been added that allows you to search for one of more device-id references in display files. The files found can be cut-and-pasted to the AdMod Source-Files list. The ddcToolset Version History.pdf has more details on these changes.
- The Display File Compiler (beta) has added support for the direct reading/writing of the script data to an Excel worksheet. This will help fix text conversion issue and make the process faster. A couple of issue with the reading/writing of the omnigraphic units-type and units-text properties has also been fixed.
The Display-File-Compiler is open to any and all recommendations for ideas on improvements and features before it gets set in stone for official release. Drop an email with your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recently a number of user reported a condition where the Point Editor I/O-Tab Scan utility stops working. Although I have not been able to replicate this condition it has been discovered that a Visio Repair or in some cases a full reinstall of Visio will fix the issue. The problem looks to be caused by updates to Office products that may unintentionally changing some Windows registry entries that effect Visio. If you have this issue please run the Visio Repair in the Programs and Features. If that does not fix the issue try a full reinstall. These steps should restore the needed Visio settings.
New releases of ddcBar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page. The ddcBar is a maintenance release while the ddcToolset has some additional features and one new program
- More images have been added to all programs to support more dpi scaling settings directly.
- The ddcToolset has added a new utility called the “Display File Compiler” or DFC.exe. This program can read a script file and create a Alerton display or template file using a batch file or external program. It can also be run in interface mode where the user can load, edit and execute the script. The program has the ability to cut-and-paste the script to and from Excel worksheets where additional design and editing can be done.
- Admod has added an object locator window in the View menu. This window will render the currently loaded display and highlight the object currently being selected in the admod grid. This should help users know what data point they are editing.
- SOC has added the ability to specify a style file on each row of the SVG grid. It also supports importing multiple layers from the Inkscape file which allows you to create multiple omnigraphic objects in the Inkscape file and import them to the SVG grid. Additionally, some layers have special sizing macros that help with omnigraphic text based displays (typically an object that is not defining an area or zone).
A maintenance release for ddcBar is available. Version 19.9.25 adds support for creating an ACM-VLX drawing using the bd3 ddc type. This release also supports the latest release of the ACM-VLX workbook.
Version 19.9.22 of the ddcToolset is available.
- New tasks have been added to Admod to support most navigation properties of the omnigraphic object as well as changing the url text of the button and omnigraphic object.
- A report feature has been added to Admod to allow the user to view a list of all the modifications that will be applied to the display files without needing to run the actual modification process. This feature can also be used to search for specific point references within the display files.
- SDC has fixed an issue where the text of a text or checkbox object might be truncated under certain circumstances
ddcBar version 19.8.21 is available on the downloads page. This release adds support for the VLC-E line of controllers as well as the new database formats and latest GC Builder VLVLCMaster.xslm workbook. The Point Editor has added the ability to save your column layout and sizes for each of the supported ddc modes.
Since support for the VLC-E line is an ongoing process any comments or feedback is appreciated. Feedback
ddcToolset version 19.8.4 is available on the downloads page. This is mostly a maintenance release but does add and enhance some features.
- All programs recompiled with minor changes to display interface library.
- QDE has added support for object size and position. Enable the display of these properties using he options menu.
- SDC has been reworked to add a slightly better preview of the objects (grid view).
- SDC now allows the property-override to be used along with a gallery-style and vice-versa.
- AdMod has added tasks to work with the Omnigraphics navigation properties.
- AdMod has changed how CurrRepJob and CurrentDevice settings of the display objects are processed. Previously if you were to uncheck these options in the display object you would also need to provide the rep+job name or device-id. Now you need to add a second task to update these properties. This allows more flexibility.
An issue with the build quality of version 19.7.28 of ddcBar has been discovered. If you have downloaded and installed this version it is recommended that you update to 19.7.28 r2. During the build process the point type enumerations were compiled incorrectly causing the BO point type to not be recognized. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
ddcbar version 19.7.28 is available. This release concentrated on improvements and stability in the point database, Point Editor, Point Range editor and the DDC Explorer. A couple of new features include an enhanced point range dialog as well as a visual alert in the Point Editor AI and BI point grids when the other input grid contains a descriptor.
If you are currently working with ACM-VLX drawings with ddcBar you should upgrade to version 19.6.2. Previous versions of ddcBar dating back to release 18.7.4 which supported the ACM-VLX do not correctly identify the correct ddc version type for the ACM-VLX drawings (bd9 file). This release will also update the ACM-VLX drawing template files supplied with the ddcBar v19.4.27 and v19.5.9.
New releases for ddcBar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page. Perhaps the biggest change is that both programs will now install to a new folder structure. Instead of c:\alerton\ddctools the new default folder will be c:\ddcToolbox. If you have any existing ddcBar or ddcToolset versions you can upgrade safely by installing the new version first. Make sure to copy any customized files to the new program locations before you remove the older versions.
Below are some of the new features.
- Version 19.4.27 have dropped support for Windows XP and Visio 2007 and have been substantially updated to work with Windows 10 with better support for multiple monitors and high DPI displays.
- Both ddcBar and ddcToolset now includes an uninstaller feature.
- The dSearch.exe program GUI has been redesigned to provide an easier to understand work flow.
- ddcBar has added additional Visio drawing templates as well as improving the way a ACM Building controller drawing is detected.
- The ddcBar AnchorBar is now called the MiniBar and is fully user customizable.
The ddcBar March 2019 update is released. This version includes the following:
- Fixed issue where double-clicking a drawing file in Windows Explorer and launching Visio might cause a ddcBar database error. This occurs as the drawing was loaded before ddcbar had initialized the database system.
- Added VLX Configuration dialog support for the multiple versions of the AXM Excel workbook. Previous releases of ddcBar would recognize only 1 of the 3 versions currently published by Alerton.
- Fixed issue in DDC Explorer and DDC Simulator where only the 1st branch point was recognized in DDC Explorer and DDC Simulator.
This release will be the last version to support Windows XP and VIsio 2007.
This release of ddcBar includes updates to the database connectivity and session.log file.
- Database Connectivity: Added provider query, connection test and ability to create a custom connection string to the User Preferences dialog.
- Session.log: Added environment and configuration information to session log for debugging purposes.
- Shrink Device Inputs: Last year when adding support for the 8-input AND/OR/ADD devices the skipping of TRUE and FALSE values was removed. A number of users wanted this feature restored so it is now an option in the User-Preferences (see Options for all modes section).
On January 7th we were experiencing some technical difficulties with the delivery of tech support emails. If you had any tech support questions from that time period that have not been answered please resend them as they may have not been received on our end.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thanks.
A new version of ddcbar is available on the downloads page. This release includes the ability to select a database provider in the User Preferences dialog. Previous to this release ddcbar hard coded the provider to either JET 4.0 or ACE 12.0 which was causing issues on a few users installations which did not have 32bit versions of these provides installed. If you have experience errors when loading a database file or accessing the point editor try changing your database provider to the 32bit driver you have installed on your PC. This release also fixes 2 issue with the reading and writing of Excel workbook points which support arrays.