ddcBar version 21.2.25 has been updated with a new installer build. This update fixes an issue with a number of drawing template with a corrupted Device-Settings shape.
New software updates for ddcBar and the ddcToolset are available on the downloads page.
- Corrected issues in the ddc script engine where the sequence-devices and substitute-points options were being skipped.
- Changed the minibar window settings to correct issue with visibility on some Visio installations. Also corrected issue with window sizing in Visio 2013.
- Fixed issue where ddcBar could cause Visio to prompt to Save drawing when no edits were made.
- Added support in Point Editor for larger point data sets imported from the Device Settings shape.
- Html context help has been superseded by PDF manuals.
- Minor maintenance release. No new features.
Version 20.12.10 of ddcBar is available on the Downloads page. This update includes the following items.
- Corrected issues with the import and export of the COV point data to remote Access and Excel point database files.
- Improved ddcBar load times when Visio starts.
- Improved support for loading multiple drawings from Windows file explorer or command line.
- Added ability to use a range of sequences in DDC Compare.
- Added support for Visio lines and rectangle shapes in DDC Script (some limitations on theme properties support).
Maintenance releases for ddcBar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page.
- This release contains the official support for the latest Alerton VIP-363-HOA_Builder.xlsm workbook (version 2.2).
- This release contains the official support for the latest Alerton VIP-363-VAV_Builder.xlsm workbook (version 2.1).
- Updated the user interface in the Building Controller Configurator for saving point descriptors. Fixed issue where the DEL key in any cell would always delete the descriptor text.
- Fixed issue in writing to Excel workbooks where No-Units was specified.
- Fixed issue where opening multiple files using the Visio file-open dialog would cause point editor to all use a single database.
- Added additional support for office theme colors.
- Fixed issue in QDC where clicking on the Static-Objects tab would cause an exception error if the grid was empty.
- Fixed issue in DFC where an incorrect message about a missing license file would appear when the product was in fact licensed.
ddcBar version 20.8.25 is available with support for using the Virtual Machine license extender with the latest Softworkz activation updates. This release also includes updates to the Shape Update utility to fix an issue where duplicate master shapes would be skipped during the update process as well as an updated Compare utility that fixes an issue where the report listing would not show SUB-0.
Available on the downloads page.
Both ddcbar and ddcToolset have been updated with a new activation library which will fix the issue where Windows 10 updates were invalidating the license file. Applying these new releases should recognize your existing license. If after installing this new release your license becomes deactivated please try the activation process again using your activation code and current password.
Post Updated Aug 11, 2020
This release is no longer available for download. Use 20.8.11 instead.
The original release of ddcBar 20.6.2 included 2 VIP Access database which were for testing purposes only. These files can cause issues with the initial database open process where all point tables are disabled. This 20.6.2-r2 release includes the correct database files. You should upgrade if you are using VIP support in ddcbar.
The official ddcBar release for the VIP-363-VAV and VIP-363-HOA controllers is available on the downloads page along with a incremental release of the ddcToolset.
ddcBar New Features and Resolved Issues
- Fixed issue where “Device I/O Settings” command on the VLogic Group of the ddcBar ribbon would hand when running under Visio 2016 and 2019.
- Made slight changes to how data is written to Excel cells in order to correct some issues with the cell data type (general, numeric, text).
- During testing when running Visio 2016 and 2019 having the Visio AutoRestore enabled with multiple drawings open was causing Visio to crash. This not a ddcBar issue. If you remove both ddcBar and VisualLogic and run the test again the crashing still occurs.
- Changed how ddcBar responds to a Visio SaveAs command. ddcBar no longer runs a 2nd Save command after the users SaveAs in order to save the new database location. The user is now responsible to save the drawing at some point. This addresses an issue in Visio 2016 and 2019.
- Fixed issue where the Open-Stencils command did not open the VisLogic3.vss or VisLogic3.vssx stencils.
- The Drawing Setup dialog has been modified to reduce the number of selections required and has grouped BACtalk drawing based on ddc version (BD3, BD4, BD6 and dBD9).
- Fixed issue where the VIP point ranges were not saved in a number of cases.
- Fixed issue where errors could occur when running ddcBar commands when a non-drawing window had focus. This would typically occur when you used the non-docked stencil windows.
- Added support for BD9 global based drawing to open and use correct default database (it was using the AXM/VLX database by mistake).
- Fixed issue where form scaling (high DPI) was not functioning correctly in some dialog boxes. DDC Simulator was the most effected utility.
- Fixed issue where initial save of new drawing would prompt again for a save if you closed drawing file.
- Fixed issue where a Visio Save-As command might reset the database filename.
- Fixed issue where Rebuild-Database command did not fully populate Point-Range list.
- Fixed issue when Rebuild-Database would disable any table whose start and end instances were not properly formatted.
- Fixed errors in the Excel-Interface-File (EID) for the VIP-363-VAV controller.
- Fixed issues where Mini-bar would not repaint buttons on some computers and where MiniBar images failed to scale on DPI change.
- Fixed issue where loading multiple drawings might show incorrect error message about anchor windows already being loaded.
- Reading & writing to Excel workbooks has been optimized to provide faster response.
- Fixed issue where Subcaller-Viewer and Project-Point-Reference windows could not be opened again if they were closed until drawing was closed and opened again.
- Fixed issue where Project-Point-Reference window would not allow creation of new project database in some cases.
- Added additional tweak to the Compare utility in support of the Data Writer.
- Fixed issue where some sizable dialog boxes were opening in their maximum size on Windows 10.
- Fixed issue in DDC Explorer where orphan R/W errors pointed to the previous device shape in group list. Added point name to error message.
ddcToolset New Features and Resolved Issues
- Fixed issue where search for device-id would not be run if the “Find all references” search scope on the “Find image or display reference” tab was set to anything but “Search only for the above file”. Update ignores all settings on the “Find image or display reference” tab.
- Added ability to use a Style File when running a script in Tabular mode. Clarified usage of a style file in the user’s manual.
A minor upgrade to ddcToolset has been posted on the downloads page. This release includes the following updates.
- dNumber.exe. Added ability to cut filenames to Excel for renumbering and then paste them
back to the dNumber grid.
- QDE.exe. Fixed issue on Static objects page where scrolling to certain rows would cause a
memory access exception.
- MDPC.exe. Reworked SQL access to databases. Fixed issue where MDPC was using mixed mode
login instead of SQL login. Removed support for user and password in the connection string
(MDPC will instead use the User-Name and Password fields from Configuration Page)
For ddcBar versions earlier then 20.4.22
The link below downloads an updated Excel Interface Definition file for use in reading and writing data to the Alerton workbook ACM_VLX-AXM-EXP_PointBuilder.xlsm. The file needs installed in the following folder overwriting any existing file.
-or for older versions-
For those users who are testing or working with the VIP-363-HOA drawings there is a beta version of ddcBar available on the downloads page. You must have the beta version of the VIP-363-HOA_Builder.XLSM workbook installed in your alerton\standard\documentation folder of Compass to use these new features. Details on the VIP-363 support can be found in the ddcBar VIP-363 Support.pdf which is located in the ddcBar docs folder.
ddcBar version 20.1.12 is available. This version has the support for the VIP-363-VAV controller. It also changes how ddcBar creates Excel workbook files by returning to using the files found in the Compass installation. This release also fixes an issue where the Ibex ddc propagate function did not fill in the description in connected I/O-Tabs.
A beta version of ddcBar that supports the new VIP-363-VAV controller is available on the downloads page. It also includes enhancements to the Point Editor, Point Database and the Point-Range-Specification dialog. The Rebuild Database utility can be used to match the ddcBar point database to any unique instance numbering for VLC-E, ACM and VIP controllers. This version marks a return to using the Compass installed ACM Builder workbooks as the master source when ddcBar creates new Excel files. If the Compass installation cannot be located or if the ACM Builder workbooks cannot be found then ddcBar falls back to using a local -possibly older- version of these files. The end user will need to make sure that these workbooks are kept up to date. A couple of minor bug fixes were also addressed.
A new release of the ddcToolset is available on the downloads page. This release combines maintenance updates as well as new features.
- An issue with how the Display Utilities handled a unique form of the button object has been resolved. Previously, if a user created a Button-SameDevice object on a template file and then copy-and-pasted that object on to a display file the Display Utilities would not recognize the object. This fix will increase the reliability of both dSearch.exe and DispX.exe reporting as well as similar issues in the other programs.
- The dSearch.exe user interface has been changed to make the program configuration more understandable. A few bug issues have been resolved (see previous bullet item). A new feature has been added that allows you to search for one of more device-id references in display files. The files found can be cut-and-pasted to the AdMod Source-Files list. The ddcToolset Version History.pdf has more details on these changes.
- The Display File Compiler (beta) has added support for the direct reading/writing of the script data to an Excel worksheet. This will help fix text conversion issue and make the process faster. A couple of issue with the reading/writing of the omnigraphic units-type and units-text properties has also been fixed.
The Display-File-Compiler is open to any and all recommendations for ideas on improvements and features before it gets set in stone for official release. Drop an email with your thoughts to email@example.com.
Recently a number of user reported a condition where the Point Editor I/O-Tab Scan utility stops working. Although I have not been able to replicate this condition it has been discovered that a Visio Repair or in some cases a full reinstall of Visio will fix the issue. The problem looks to be caused by updates to Office products that may unintentionally changing some Windows registry entries that effect Visio. If you have this issue please run the Visio Repair in the Programs and Features. If that does not fix the issue try a full reinstall. These steps should restore the needed Visio settings.
New releases of ddcBar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page. The ddcBar is a maintenance release while the ddcToolset has some additional features and one new program
- More images have been added to all programs to support more dpi scaling settings directly.
- The ddcToolset has added a new utility called the “Display File Compiler” or DFC.exe. This program can read a script file and create a Alerton display or template file using a batch file or external program. It can also be run in interface mode where the user can load, edit and execute the script. The program has the ability to cut-and-paste the script to and from Excel worksheets where additional design and editing can be done.
- Admod has added an object locator window in the View menu. This window will render the currently loaded display and highlight the object currently being selected in the admod grid. This should help users know what data point they are editing.
- SOC has added the ability to specify a style file on each row of the SVG grid. It also supports importing multiple layers from the Inkscape file which allows you to create multiple omnigraphic objects in the Inkscape file and import them to the SVG grid. Additionally, some layers have special sizing macros that help with omnigraphic text based displays (typically an object that is not defining an area or zone).
A maintenance release for ddcBar is available. Version 19.9.25 adds support for creating an ACM-VLX drawing using the bd3 ddc type. This release also supports the latest release of the ACM-VLX workbook.
Version 19.9.22 of the ddcToolset is available.
- New tasks have been added to Admod to support most navigation properties of the omnigraphic object as well as changing the url text of the button and omnigraphic object.
- A report feature has been added to Admod to allow the user to view a list of all the modifications that will be applied to the display files without needing to run the actual modification process. This feature can also be used to search for specific point references within the display files.
- SDC has fixed an issue where the text of a text or checkbox object might be truncated under certain circumstances
ddcBar version 19.8.21 is available on the downloads page. This release adds support for the VLC-E line of controllers as well as the new database formats and latest GC Builder VLVLCMaster.xslm workbook. The Point Editor has added the ability to save your column layout and sizes for each of the supported ddc modes.
Since support for the VLC-E line is an ongoing process any comments or feedback is appreciated. Feedback
ddcToolset version 19.8.4 is available on the downloads page. This is mostly a maintenance release but does add and enhance some features.
- All programs recompiled with minor changes to display interface library.
- QDE has added support for object size and position. Enable the display of these properties using he options menu.
- SDC has been reworked to add a slightly better preview of the objects (grid view).
- SDC now allows the property-override to be used along with a gallery-style and vice-versa.
- AdMod has added tasks to work with the Omnigraphics navigation properties.
- AdMod has changed how CurrRepJob and CurrentDevice settings of the display objects are processed. Previously if you were to uncheck these options in the display object you would also need to provide the rep+job name or device-id. Now you need to add a second task to update these properties. This allows more flexibility.