A new release of ddcBar version 21.8.28 is available for subscription and timed license users. The following list describes the updates and improvements.
- Fixed issue where ddcBar was using the gen-4 naming convention for the objnames in VLC-E controllers.
- Fixed design of default minibar file to support all I/O-Tab colors.
- Fixed issue in Compare where previous Sequence-Range settings would be used when reopening the Compare dialog.
- Added support for none and null in Search-and-Replace.
- Added 3 replaceable parameters to the Point Editor Fill column with user data command.
- Added additional sections to DefaultFieldValue.ini to support more database configurations.
- Changed ddc+database+controller name displayed in various ddcBar dialogs to include the ddc type (bd3,bd4,bd6,bd9).
A new release of the ddcTooset for perpetual and subscription licenses is available. This release addresses an issue where text objects used in the main display objects could be repeated as summary area objects. Additional features have been added to support the use of text objects in the summary area as well as auto-populating the text of button and text objects in the summary area. The auto-populate can insert the device-id or the incrementing number.
See the downloads page for details.
Timed licenses for offline activation are now available for ddcbar and ddcToolset. This type of license will allow you to use the latest versions of ddcBar and ddcToolset in those areas that do not have regular access to the internet for license validation purposes. They are available in 5 and 25 seat multi-user levels and come with a 2 year time period. At the end of the time period the software is disabled from further use. At that time you can purchase a 2-year refresher pack to extend the license further.
To use a timed license you must use software versions 21.6.13 and later.
Announcing the Px Compiler – a utility program which adds enhanced graphic editing features to Alerton’s Compass software. Px Compiler allows one to embed 1 or more graphic displays inside of another graphic display. This simple, yet powerful, feature makes it possible to “nest” a display (or template) onto many other displays without relying on copy/paste. Read more on the Px Compiler page.
Both ddcbar and ddcToolset have available on the downloads page new releases. Please note that these new releases no longer offer a perpetual license but are sold in software subscription form. The following list summarizes some of the new features.
- ddcbar adds auto In/Out-Tabs coloring based on BACnet point type as well as 2 additional colors to select from.
- Viewpoint has been updated to include device-manager database along with tabbed windows. Viewpoint now hosts the ddcBar Project Point Reference database tool which has also been improved.
- The subscription license now allows the account administrator to remove seats using the management portal.
- Upgrades may be available for existing customers who are covered by a current support coverage plan. Contact email@example.com with your activation code to see if you qualify.
- Multi-user accounts who migrating to subscription are eligible for a free 1 year license for the Px Compiler program. See the Special Offer page for details.
ddcBar and ddcToolset have now converted to a subscription based licensing. The new license system allows multi-user/multi-computer support using a single code with end-user seat management now accessible using the account portal. Seat counts follow the perpetual license increments with an additional 2-seat level.
Multi-user licenses are available and can be purchased in the same seat levels as the perpetual products. Using the subscription licensing method now allows the license administrator to remove seats (users) using the management portal web site.
Single users can purchase a 1 or 2 seat license for work with multiple computers. Using a 1-seat license the user can deactivate the seat on one computer and activate it on another. Or they can purchase the new 2-seat license to work with multiple computers simultaneously..
Timed Licenses for Server Rooms
For those uses who need a license for offline installations (no internet access) there is a timed license available in the same seats counts as the subscription plans. These licenses allow you to purchase a 1-year and higher (in 1 year increments) timed access to use the software. You will still need to perform a 1-time offline activation for each seat which requires the end user to copy a file to a computer with internet access. Timed licenses do not allows the administrator to remove seats using the management portal.
Perpetual licenses will no longer be offered
Older perpetual license will no longer be offered but are fully supported with technical support. No new releases are planned although critical patches will still be applied as needed. To help migrate existing perpetual license holders who are still covered by a support plan there is available a upgrade path.
Both Viewpoint and ddcBar’s Project Point Reference have been updated to improve their functionality. Viewpoint has been modernized to allow multiple open tabbed windows in 4 available pane layouts. Each windows can display a point database, a bactalk.mdb device manager file or a ddcBar Project Point Reference. The ddcBar ribbon command to open the project point reference now opens the Viewpoint program which in turn can load the project point database. If you are a licensed ddcBar user the Viewpoint program allows you to access a right-click menu to write point data to shapes in a Visio drawing window much like ddcbar’s Point Editor.
ddcBar version 21.4.25 adds automatic In/Out-Tab coloring based on point type. Each BACnet point types can be assigned any of the 10 available colors (the 10 colors can also be user customized). A new ribbon command allows you to update all the drawings In/Out-Tabs with a single click.ddcBar monitors and changes the colors as you edit tabs or when a ddcBar process is applied to drawing tabs.
ddcBar version 21.2.25 has been updated with a new installer build. This update fixes an issue with a number of drawing template with a corrupted Device-Settings shape.
New software updates for ddcBar and the ddcToolset are available on the downloads page.
- Corrected issues in the ddc script engine where the sequence-devices and substitute-points options were being skipped.
- Changed the minibar window settings to correct issue with visibility on some Visio installations. Also corrected issue with window sizing in Visio 2013.
- Fixed issue where ddcBar could cause Visio to prompt to Save drawing when no edits were made.
- Added support in Point Editor for larger point data sets imported from the Device Settings shape.
- Html context help has been superseded by PDF manuals.
- Minor maintenance release. No new features.
Version 20.12.10 of ddcBar is available on the Downloads page. This update includes the following items.
- Corrected issues with the import and export of the COV point data to remote Access and Excel point database files.
- Improved ddcBar load times when Visio starts.
- Improved support for loading multiple drawings from Windows file explorer or command line.
- Added ability to use a range of sequences in DDC Compare.
- Added support for Visio lines and rectangle shapes in DDC Script (some limitations on theme properties support).
Maintenance releases for ddcBar and ddcToolset are available on the downloads page.
- This release contains the official support for the latest Alerton VIP-363-HOA_Builder.xlsm workbook (version 2.2).
- This release contains the official support for the latest Alerton VIP-363-VAV_Builder.xlsm workbook (version 2.1).
- Updated the user interface in the Building Controller Configurator for saving point descriptors. Fixed issue where the DEL key in any cell would always delete the descriptor text.
- Fixed issue in writing to Excel workbooks where No-Units was specified.
- Fixed issue where opening multiple files using the Visio file-open dialog would cause point editor to all use a single database.
- Added additional support for office theme colors.
- Fixed issue in QDC where clicking on the Static-Objects tab would cause an exception error if the grid was empty.
- Fixed issue in DFC where an incorrect message about a missing license file would appear when the product was in fact licensed.
ddcBar version 20.8.25 is available with support for using the Virtual Machine license extender with the latest Softworkz activation updates. This release also includes updates to the Shape Update utility to fix an issue where duplicate master shapes would be skipped during the update process as well as an updated Compare utility that fixes an issue where the report listing would not show SUB-0.
Available on the downloads page.
Both ddcbar and ddcToolset have been updated with a new activation library which will fix the issue where Windows 10 updates were invalidating the license file. Applying these new releases should recognize your existing license. If after installing this new release your license becomes deactivated please try the activation process again using your activation code and current password.
Post Updated Aug 11, 2020
This release is no longer available for download. Use 20.8.11 instead.
The original release of ddcBar 20.6.2 included 2 VIP Access database which were for testing purposes only. These files can cause issues with the initial database open process where all point tables are disabled. This 20.6.2-r2 release includes the correct database files. You should upgrade if you are using VIP support in ddcbar.
The official ddcBar release for the VIP-363-VAV and VIP-363-HOA controllers is available on the downloads page along with a incremental release of the ddcToolset.
ddcBar New Features and Resolved Issues
- Fixed issue where “Device I/O Settings” command on the VLogic Group of the ddcBar ribbon would hand when running under Visio 2016 and 2019.
- Made slight changes to how data is written to Excel cells in order to correct some issues with the cell data type (general, numeric, text).
- During testing when running Visio 2016 and 2019 having the Visio AutoRestore enabled with multiple drawings open was causing Visio to crash. This not a ddcBar issue. If you remove both ddcBar and VisualLogic and run the test again the crashing still occurs.
- Changed how ddcBar responds to a Visio SaveAs command. ddcBar no longer runs a 2nd Save command after the users SaveAs in order to save the new database location. The user is now responsible to save the drawing at some point. This addresses an issue in Visio 2016 and 2019.
- Fixed issue where the Open-Stencils command did not open the VisLogic3.vss or VisLogic3.vssx stencils.
- The Drawing Setup dialog has been modified to reduce the number of selections required and has grouped BACtalk drawing based on ddc version (BD3, BD4, BD6 and dBD9).
- Fixed issue where the VIP point ranges were not saved in a number of cases.
- Fixed issue where errors could occur when running ddcBar commands when a non-drawing window had focus. This would typically occur when you used the non-docked stencil windows.
- Added support for BD9 global based drawing to open and use correct default database (it was using the AXM/VLX database by mistake).
- Fixed issue where form scaling (high DPI) was not functioning correctly in some dialog boxes. DDC Simulator was the most effected utility.
- Fixed issue where initial save of new drawing would prompt again for a save if you closed drawing file.
- Fixed issue where a Visio Save-As command might reset the database filename.
- Fixed issue where Rebuild-Database command did not fully populate Point-Range list.
- Fixed issue when Rebuild-Database would disable any table whose start and end instances were not properly formatted.
- Fixed errors in the Excel-Interface-File (EID) for the VIP-363-VAV controller.
- Fixed issues where Mini-bar would not repaint buttons on some computers and where MiniBar images failed to scale on DPI change.
- Fixed issue where loading multiple drawings might show incorrect error message about anchor windows already being loaded.
- Reading & writing to Excel workbooks has been optimized to provide faster response.
- Fixed issue where Subcaller-Viewer and Project-Point-Reference windows could not be opened again if they were closed until drawing was closed and opened again.
- Fixed issue where Project-Point-Reference window would not allow creation of new project database in some cases.
- Added additional tweak to the Compare utility in support of the Data Writer.
- Fixed issue where some sizable dialog boxes were opening in their maximum size on Windows 10.
- Fixed issue in DDC Explorer where orphan R/W errors pointed to the previous device shape in group list. Added point name to error message.
ddcToolset New Features and Resolved Issues
- Fixed issue where search for device-id would not be run if the “Find all references” search scope on the “Find image or display reference” tab was set to anything but “Search only for the above file”. Update ignores all settings on the “Find image or display reference” tab.
- Added ability to use a Style File when running a script in Tabular mode. Clarified usage of a style file in the user’s manual.
A minor upgrade to ddcToolset has been posted on the downloads page. This release includes the following updates.
- dNumber.exe. Added ability to cut filenames to Excel for renumbering and then paste them
back to the dNumber grid.
- QDE.exe. Fixed issue on Static objects page where scrolling to certain rows would cause a
memory access exception.
- MDPC.exe. Reworked SQL access to databases. Fixed issue where MDPC was using mixed mode
login instead of SQL login. Removed support for user and password in the connection string
(MDPC will instead use the User-Name and Password fields from Configuration Page)
For ddcBar versions earlier then 20.4.22
The link below downloads an updated Excel Interface Definition file for use in reading and writing data to the Alerton workbook ACM_VLX-AXM-EXP_PointBuilder.xlsm. The file needs installed in the following folder overwriting any existing file.
-or for older versions-
For those users who are testing or working with the VIP-363-HOA drawings there is a beta version of ddcBar available on the downloads page. You must have the beta version of the VIP-363-HOA_Builder.XLSM workbook installed in your alerton\standard\documentation folder of Compass to use these new features. Details on the VIP-363 support can be found in the ddcBar VIP-363 Support.pdf which is located in the ddcBar docs folder.
ddcBar version 20.1.12 is available. This version has the support for the VIP-363-VAV controller. It also changes how ddcBar creates Excel workbook files by returning to using the files found in the Compass installation. This release also fixes an issue where the Ibex ddc propagate function did not fill in the description in connected I/O-Tabs.